Saturday, December 24, 2005

James

It’s anything but convenient,
And flowers don’t seem like enough
To place on your grave
To say I remember you.
The cigarette smoke
From across the fence
Doesn’t override
The sent of regret.
The thoughts of yesterday
The vision of you.
And everything is a blur
Because it happened so fast
And I wonder how it felt
What went through your mind
And did you cry?
Because tonight I’m finding
More of myself
In this dark
Forsaken
Room.
I don’t have any words to pray.
And lifeless breathe escapes my lungs
As I see you collide
With death.
Please, can’t this be easier
Can’t this hurt less?
Because I’m wearing down
Like glass in the ocean.
So I’ll cry a little harder
Laugh a little louder
Whisper a little softer
And sing a little more.
I’ll hope for everything beautiful
And be thankful for
every
damn
ordeal
That pushes me farther
And makes me that much wiser
And breaks me apart
Just to build me up stronger.
I’ll breathe deeper
I’ll swing higher
And run faster than I’ve ever ran before
Because this is for you.
And this is for me

No comments: