Thursday, November 30, 2006

I could see you on that bench
In the cold
After the rain
A note book, your music
Some smokes if you did.
Hair long, face unshaved
Soul tortured by something unnamed

You see me how I want to be seen
You see me for who I want to be

I can see you
In that chair
Face contemplative
Compassion unhidden behind those eyes
You count the sparrows in the sky
And I wait expectantly
For that smile

You take me from my greatest fears
You save me from myself

I saw you
When you would first ignite my soul
Unafraid of vulnerability
I learned who I am
By holding your hand
While you traced the lines
That would tell our lives

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful soul
Tilting your head to laugh at your shoes

When you hold me
I’m no longer dead
As we play tag,
Without the running away
And killing restlessness
Is the best decision made
If it brings me close to you

Everyone just wants to be seen.
I see you, always you

No comments: